Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gone too soon...

You never think something bad is going to happen to one of your friends.  You always hear about bad things happening to people, but it is always someone that you knew of, but didn't have any real connection to.  That wasn't the case this morning.

I was online this morning and kept seeing posts about the Stephens family...and if you are from Morganton, one family comes to your mind.  I was praying that it wasn't Lee's family.  Worse.  It was Lee.  After doing a little more researching, I found out that he had died in a car accident early this morning.  My heart started pounding so loud I could hear it and my eyes flooded with tears.  There is no way this happened to such an amazing guy is all I kept thinking.  That, and about his unbelievable smile.  He was the type of friend that you can go a year without talking to, then see him at a Freedom basketball game and pick up right where you left off.  I can honestly say, he was one of the most genuine guys I have ever met.  We are all better for having known him.  He will truly be missed.

To the Stephens family-  my prayers are with you.  I hope you find comfort in the fact that Lee touched so many people's lives and will continue to do so as we carry his memory with us every day.


            Love you, Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment