Thursday, February 13, 2014

1 month old...

My baby is one month old.  How did that happen?!  Time has gone by so too fast.  It's amazing how much he has changed in just a month.  It feels like I was just going to the hospital to have him, but it also feels like I've known him forever.  I guess in a way, I have.  I've been dreaming of him my whole life.  I never could have imagined a love this deep.  Having a baby completely changes everything about you.  Life is no longer about you.  In an instant, it becomes about that precious life that is yours to protect, love, and guide.  I never knew exactly what being "selfless" felt like.  Now I do.  I would do anything for this sweet baby boy.

Here are a few things about his first month...

He gets cuter every day.
He smiles and laughs in his sleep.
He follows our voices.
He throws both arms up when he sneezes.
He sticks his tongue out when he coughs.
He gets the hiccups pretty much every time he eats.
He usually burps the second you sit him up.
He looks like an old man.  He has lost all the hair on the top of his head...but not the sides.
He likes when I dance around to country music with him.
He likes to look at bright lights.
He goes to sleep the second the car (or stroller) starts moving.
He hates when the sun shines on him in his car seat.  He squints his little eyes.
He doesn't like when we stop at red lights.  He starts squirming around.
When we go under a bridge and it gets darker, he opens his eyes up really wide.
He had his first snow day when he was only 15 days old and another one when he was just shy of a month old.
He only goes to sleep when he is being rocked...oops.
He moans and groans when he is full.
His eyes are still blue and his hair is still reddish-blondish-brown.  No clue what color either will end up.
Sometimes he sleeps 4-5 hours at night, but usually 3.
He always squeezes my arm with both his arms when I am holding his paci in his mouth.
He has me wrapped around his little finger.


Here are some of my favorite pictures of him from the past month...
         














Love you, little man!



No comments:

Post a Comment