Wednesday, December 11, 2013

36 week update

Well, my pregnancy has been pretty uneventful up until now.  Other than a little nausea and back pain in the beginning and sleepless nights and acid reflux for the past 3 or 4 weeks, I've had an easy pregnancy.  

When I went to the doctor several weeks ago for my glucose test, I barely passed so they had me redo it.  I barely passed the 2nd one, but they didn't make me do the 3 hour test...thank goodness.  

I went back last week and my blood pressure was high, especially for me.  I usually run less than 120/80 and it was 140s/80s, 130s/90s both times they took it.  They drew PIH labs (pregnancy-induced hypertension) and sent me home with a 24 hour urine jug.  Yehaw.  I tell ya, there is nothing more annoying than having to pee as much as pregnant women do AND having to save it each time.  I went back to the doctor today and my 24 hour urine test wasn't completely normal, but not bad enough for me to have to do it all over again...yet.  My PIH labs weren't completely normal either, but he said the abnormal values were expected to be abnormal during pregnancy.  He checked to make sure I wasn't having any of the preeclampsia symptoms...headache, swelling, blurry vision, seeing spots.  I'm not symptomatic, but just to be safe, he wants me to come back tomorrow to do a biophysical profile to make sure Brooks is still growing like he should be and being as active as he should be.  Brooks is SUPER active, so I'm not concerned about that.  The doctor said I was measuring perfectly so he's not concerned at this point that the baby is having any growth issues related to my blood pressure.

Long story short, he is going to closely monitor my blood pressures, labs and Brooks and if need be, induce me within the next couple of weeks.  He said he would like me to get at least to 38 weeks...(CHRISTMAS EVE!) but if I started to become symptomatic, he would go ahead and induce me before then. Soooo, we might end up having an early Christmas present!  

I definitely went into this pregnancy not wanting to be induced and not wanting a c-section if at all possible.  But, of course, I want whatever is best for me and Brooks so whatever happens, happens!  Going through nursing school and working in labor and delivery has definitely helped keep me calm about the whole thing, so I'm thankful for that.  

Just pray for our little family that everything works out how it's supposed to and that we have a healthy baby boy in the next few weeks :o)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment