Sunday, January 5, 2014

Home Stretch

I can't believe this is the last week I will be pregnant!  I am 39 weeks, 5 days...which will make me 40 weeks on Tuesday!  Judging by my December 27 baby birth date pool pick, I obviously didn't think I would make it all the way to (and probably past) 40 weeks.  Clay is still in the running!  Apparently when he picked January 9, he knew Brooks would want to stay warm and cozy since the high on his due date is in the 20s!

Of course there have been sleepless nights and more episodes of reflux than I care to remember, but I have absolutely LOVED being pregnant.  My two favorite parts of being pregnant are getting to see my family so much for different events and feeling/seeing him moving around.  It is still so strange to me that there is a PERSON in my stomach.  It seems like it would sink in after watching so many deliveries, but I don't think it will until they lay him up on my belly and I get to see his cute little face for the first time.  I can't even imagine the emotions that will be running through our minds and hearts.  I am most looking forward to kissing his little cheeks and seeing Clay hold him for the first time.

I am trying to just enjoy these last few days of pregnancy instead of complaining about having to go past my due date!  There are so many people that will never get to experience carrying a baby, so I feel so blessed to get to feel every kick and to share all of it with my family and friends.

I was a little disheartened when I went to the doctor on Friday at 39.5 weeks and she said I had barely even begun to dilate and that we needed to give it another week.  But, when I thought about going through the induction process and still possibly having to have a c-section if we had jumped the gun and tried to induce too early, I realized it was the best decision.  I go back to the doctor on Friday to check our progress and make an induction plan if I haven't delivered by then.  The doctor doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks, which will be next Tuesday so we should definitely have him before the 14th!  I'm hoping to go into labor naturally this week so that we can skip the whole induction process!  

It's hard to believe that my next blog post will be about the birth of our baby boy!  Also, I'm going to go ahead and apologize for all the pictures that will be posted of him.  Just kidding, I'm definitely not sorry. :o)

Praying for an easy, uneventful, safe, and healthy delivery!          

1 comment:

  1. To say I can't wait to see him would be an extreme understatement!! Enjoy these last few days!

    ReplyDelete